You can automatically send email notifications to your recipients, completely branded as your own emails. There are four sections under White Label. We will cover Branding and Emails.
Note: This setting can only be done by users with owner permissions.
The first thing you'll see is to set up your Branding.
Go to Settings > White Label > Branding
- Business Name: Enter the name of your business as you want it to show on your emails.
- Business Url: This will be the main URL address to your website which will display on the emails.
- Brand Colour: Customize your emails with your brand colours. Simply choose the appropriate HEX colour code (e.g. #039fff) for your company brand. Tip: go to your own website in a browser window, right-click, select View Source, then click the mouse pointer on your main brand colour somewhere on the website, in the bottom right corner you should see the hex colour code, use that.
- Icon: You can also include your company's logo/icon. We recommend using a square-shaped image of your company icon or logo in colour on a white or translucent background for the best results. Please ensure the image is not more than 512 kb in size. We accept JPEG, JPG, PNG, SVG, GIF, BIMP, TIFF or ICO.
Note: These are mandatory fields in order to fully set-up, including adding an Icon.
Then, on the Emails tab, configure the email settings.
- Sending Email: The email that will display as where the email was sent from (Note: It is very important that the email is a sub-domain so that it does not conflict with any existing email. Please choose a sub-domain that you do not already use, and exclusively assign it for use with Payment Rails. We suggest payments.yourdomain.com or payouts.yourdomain.com).
- Support Email: You can display your support email should your recipients need to contact you for any support.
- Displayed Address: Display your company's business address at the bottom of emails, which is the best practice for emails.
- Displayed Country: Add the country part of the address.
We support CNAME DNS mapping, meaning that emails will be sent as if they come from your own company email domain (or more technically a sub-domain of your website domain), for a truly white-label experience.
We HIGHLY RECOMMEND doing this, to avoid emails going into spam. Our experience with this feature shows that if you don't set up CNAME DNS mapping, many emails will go into spam folders.
You will need to contact the person within your company that manages your company website domain. Here are some instructions they can use to help set it up, you do not need to sign up for SendGrid, these are some universal instructions.
Note: We do use SendGrid for all our email sending, a leading and trusted email provider.
Enable the types of emails you wish to send. You can also send yourself a test email of each to see what your recipients will receive. The tooltips for each explain in more detail for each email.
Please note that you will need to manually select the recipients to request payout method details from incomplete recipients.
This is how you'd select all and request information.
Standard email types:
- Payment Sent confirmation - will automatically send an email to the recipient when payments are processed.
- Request payout method details from incomplete recipients - sends an email to the selected recipient/s asking them to log in to their account if you use our Widget (or alternatively provides a link to the Recipient Portal if that is enabled) and provide their payment details to receive payments.
- Returned payment notification emails - will automatically send an email to the recipient notifying them of the returned payment and reason for return, and ask them to log in and update their account information.
Tax Services emails:
- Request recipient to complete a tax form - sends an email to the selected recipient/s asking them to log in to their account if you use our Widget (or alternatively provides a link to the Recipient Portal if that is enabled) and complete a tax form.
- TIN Validation Failed - Notifies recipients that had completed a W-9 tax form that their TIN number and name match failed when we verify it and that they need to complete a new W-9 tax form.
- Tax Statement Delivered - For customer using our End of Year tax service, this sends an email notifying the recipient that their end of year tax statement (1099-MISC, 1099-NEC or 1042-S statement) is ready to download. It asks them to log in to their account if you use our Widget (or alternatively provide a link to the Recipient Portal if that is enabled) and download their EOY statement. This is part of the E-delivery option.
Here is the product tour: